Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Odd Future Covers SPIN + Tyler Announces Next Album

SPIN Magazine sits down with Tyler, the Creator to discuss his future in music and shoots the whole Odd Future group to cover their December issue. During the interview, Tyler says that his 3rd LP will be called 'WOLF' and will be slated to drop May 2012. He says how this album will not be as vulgar and about cutting up bodies and rape, more about money and girls since he has it now and isnt a broke 18-year-old. Im pretty excited to see where Tyler takes this next album, read some of the interview below. #GOLFWANG

"If I'm not listening to cheesy indie-jazzy rock shit, I'm listening to ignorant-ass rap shit like Waka Flocka and OJ Da Juiceman. And I made a song that sounds like that energy, but in my world. I think making a song about punching a bitch in the face is funny, because if you're a regular person, just hearing that is fucking crazy, and 90 percent of the people know I'm just fucking around."
“Talking about rape and cutting bodies up, it just doesn’t interest me anymore… What interests me is making weird hippie music for people to get high to. With Wolf, I’ll brag a little more, talk about money and buying shit. But not like any other rapper, I’ll be a smart-ass about it. Now it’s just girls throwing themselves at me and shit, but I got a girl back home. People who want the first album again, I can’t do that. I was 18, broke as fuck. On my third album, I have money and I’m hanging out with my idols. I can’t rap about the same shit.”

BONUS: Tyler, the Creator x Terry Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment