Monday, April 16, 2012

The Weeknd - Live @ Coachella


To all you morons out there saying how incredible this performance was: kill yourself. Let me preface this by saying, I'M A HUGE WEEKND FAN. This guy makes incredible records and has a crazy unique lyrical style; but this set has made it abundantly clear that he can't sing for shit. His tone (and his band) was on point, don't get me wrong, but I'm pretty sure he missed more notes than he hit. That can't happen.

I'm not saying he should hang it up. I'm not saying this was worst performance I've ever seen. What I am saying is that this was a huge letdown. If you're not ready to play shows, don't play shows. Get a vocal coach or stay in the studio, it's that simple.

And yes, I'm aware of the fact that he's The Weeknd and I'm some asshole on some blog. All I know is, my blog isn't littered with misspelled words and incorrect grammar. Drake...talk to your boy...

-cm

12 comments:

  1. We want johnny sins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @moneykill, I'll let you show me his moves
      Let you do what he taught you
      Let you reminisce how you used, to do
      Boy I’m open to anything that'll get you into that zone
      Baby I can stay up all night
      And understand that we’re all alone
      So you can slowly take off you're clothes
      Baby you know what's in store
      And baby I can stay up all night
      I've been goin' hard since last night
      And I'mma go harder tonight
      Wish you can see you through my eyes
      Ooh I'm telling you this ain't the same
      And I know he's still in your brain
      I'm 'bout to burn that shit into flames
      Once I'm in your ass
      Baby

      Delete
    2. @johnnysins
      And I'mma work you like a pro, baby
      And, you gon' take it like one
      Yeah you gon' take it like one
      And I'mma give it like you asked for it
      Why, cuz you been talkin' 'bout it
      I know you been talkin' 'bout it
      Ooh baby when I'm done with you
      You ain't saying nothing
      Yeah you ain't saying nothing
      Ooh baby when I'm done with you
      You ain't saying nothing
      Yeah you ain't saying nothing
      You gon' make me show off
      All the pain that you feel you can tell that we ain't making no love
      But I'll pretend
      Oh girl, I'll pretend
      If you pretend then girl I'll pretend
      Let's make it seem like we're all we need in the end

      Delete
  2. I agree he messed up some parts, looks like he ran out of breath or something. a vocal coach wouldn't hurt but he's still the fuckin man though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like it might have been technical problems also idk i love the weeknd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. least he doesnt lip sing.

      Delete
    2. I'd prefer that over an unlistenable performance.

      Delete